Terrifying video shows baying hate mob ordering trans woman out of shop to beat her

This is the horrific moment a mob brutally battered a black transgender woman in a convenience store over a minor car crash. The woman, Ilyanna Dior, was jumped and beaten by between 15 and 30 people – most of whom were men – in a Minneapolis, Minnesota convenience store on Monday as protests raged on over the death of George Floyd, a black man killed by police last week.

Dior was attacked after a ‘fender bender’ according to social media reports and the clip, which was widely shared on Twitter but is too distressing to produce, shows her being savaged near the front door of the convenience store then outside.

After being attacked outside, Dior runs back in and gets behind the counter for safety as one man can be heard screaming, ‘you got to come out.’

Another attacker is hear a short time later shouting for Dior to ‘get her f***** ass out of the store.’

While Dior wait’s behind the counter, one of the men grabs a metal and plastic dustpan, which he began wielding like a weapon. The clip ends with a shot of the mob angrily milling outside. It is unclear how Dior was able to escape. Dior later took to Facebook and said she was ‘ok’ in a video where she showed her injuries. ‘The whole side of my face is swollen, it hurts so bad,’ she said.

In the wake of the incident, Abounding Prosperity, an advocacy organization for the LGBTQ community and African Americans, wrote:

‘We at Abounding Prosperity, Inc are deeply saddened, angered and disgusted at the images in the recent video of another Black transgender woman being brutally attacked by a mob of Black men and woman at a convenience store in Minneapolis, Minnesota.’

‘It is not acceptable for groups of people to stand by and watch and record an individual being attacked and beaten by a group of people and do nothing. If we truly want to enact change, then that change must start within our own community towards each other.’ Many online are calling for justice for Dior, although there have been no reports of arrests related to the incident.